The Munroe Auxiliary is made of dedicated community residents who instill in us the belief that actions speaks louder than words. This charitable service organization is a 501-c-3 organization whose primary mission is to serve others by sponsoring programs and services which assist in improving the health of our community. The Munroe Auxiliary owns and operates several businesses and utilizes profits after expenses to fund charitable service programs and services. Key services and programs include:
- Munroe Gift Shop – Open 7 days a week, this hospital gift shop offers exciting items not found in other stores at affordable prices.
- Munroe Uniform Store – The uniform store is open to the public, offering trending and traditional medical and school uniforms, as well as polo and T-shirts, which can be monogrammed with your logo at competitive pricing.
- Mom 365 – Munroe Regional Medical Center offers state-of-the-art medical services to new parents and we proudly assist in the delivery of over 2,800 babies each year. With each newborn FIRST photo taken, a percentage of the proceeds are donated to the Auxiliary.
- Munroe Auxiliary Conference Center (ACC) – Built by the Auxiliary in 1991 and updated and expanded in 2009, this 3000 square foot professional facility is rented out to the public on weekends and holidays. Last year, more than 450 professional and social events took place at the ACC.
- Healthy Home – Funded by the Auxiliary, this non-medical service is provided to the elderly once discharged from MRMC. This short-term service assist the patients to heal comfortably in their own home with the assistance of food, transportation to the doctor, well-check calls and home fall prevention services.
- Pediatric Orientation – Sponsored by the Auxiliary for more than 20 years, the pediatric orientation program is offered to all first grade classes in Marion County. This innovative program is popular with the students and teachers. Partnering with others in the community, together the volunteers teach the children in a fun and safe environment about medical care, stranger danger, bike safety and 9-1-1.