The Munroe Auxiliary is made of dedicated community residents who instill in us the belief that actions speaks louder than words. This charitable service organization is a 501-c-3 organization whose primary mission is to serve others by sponsoring programs and services which assist in improving the health of our community. The Munroe Auxiliary owns and operates several businesses and utilizes profits after expenses to fund charitable service programs and services. Key services and programs include:
- Munroe Gift Shop – Open 7 days a week, this hospital gift shop offers exciting items not found in other stores at affordable prices.
- Munroe Uniform Store – The uniform store is open to the public, offering trending and traditional medical and school uniforms, as well as polo and T-shirts, which can be monogrammed with your logo at competitive pricing.
- Mom 365 – Munroe Regional Medical Center offers state-of-the-art medical services to new parents and we proudly assist in the delivery of over 2,800 babies each year. With each newborn FIRST photo taken, a percentage of the proceeds are donated to the Auxiliary.
- Munroe Auxiliary Conference Center (ACC) – Built by the Auxiliary in 1991 and updated and expanded in 2009, this 3000 square foot professional facility is rented out to the public on weekends and holidays. Last year, more than 450 professional and social events took place at the ACC.
- Healthy Home – Funded by the Auxiliary, this non-medical service is provided to the elderly once discharged from MRMC. This short-term service assist the patients to heal comfortably in their own home with the assistance of food, transportation to the doctor, well-check calls and home fall prevention services.
- Pediatric Orientation – Sponsored by the Auxiliary for more than 20 years, the pediatric orientation program is offered to all first grade classes in Marion County. This innovative program is popular with the students and teachers. Partnering with others in the community, together the volunteers teach the children in a fun and safe environment about medical care, stranger danger, bike safety and 9-1-1.
MUNROE GIFT SHOP
We are proud to represent one of the only hospital gift shops in the nation manned exclusively by volunteers. More than 60 volunteers help process and sell items to support our programs. All revenue made after expenses is used by the Munroe Auxiliary to fund charitable endeavors.
- Open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Open Saturday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Located in the Palmer Lobby on the Ground Floor
MUNROE UNIFORM STORE
The mission of the Munroe Uniform Store is to purchase quality uniforms at value prices. Munroe volunteers donate their time at the Uniform Store, assisting two full-time Munroe associates. All revenue made after expenses is used by the Munroe Auxiliary to fund charitable endeavors.
- Open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Closed on weekends
- Located at 1582 SW 1st Avenue, Ocala
Improving Health and Safety in our Community
The Healthy Home program is making a difference in the lives of homebound patients. Many elderly patients discharged to their own homes are frail and have a limited network of friends and family to assist them with non-medical needs during the first few weeks after a hospitalization. The Munroe Auxiliary, Inc., as an important strategic partner with Munroe Regional Medical Center, developed the Healthy Home program as an extension of vital services to assist and support eligible patients and their loved ones.
The Healthy Home Program
The current program focuses on providing a little extra TLC, essential for healing to take place at home. Munroe Auxiliary will identify providing short-term, non-clinical assistance; providing comfort items like flashlights, nightlights, lap robes, digital weight scale, LED light bulbs, safety home checks to identify fall hazards, short-term meal plans, stamps with stationary, and emergency shopping.
How to Help The Healthy Home Program:
- Volunteer: Opportunities for hospital bedside, in-home visits, wellness callers, office volunteers, etc.
- Donate: Provide needed comfort items to the elderly or provide a (tax-deductible) financial donation.
- Shop: Browse our Munroe Auxiliary sponsored GIFT SHOP and UNIFORM STORE.
- Support: Spread the Healthy Home message by INVITING us to speak at your next group meeting.
Safeguarding Vulnerable Elderly Residents
Program directors have also partnered with Habitat of Humanity to enhance safe home environments, allowing elderly patients to remain in their home. Additionally, physician follow-up appointment reminders, emergency transportation to follow-up appointments, and regular telephone well-checks are completed by our dedicated volunteers.
Healthy Home Impact
By working together, we can Improve Our Community’s Health & Wellbeing. More than 26,000 people over 65 years of age are living in our community and those with limited family support often need a helping hand to heal after a recent hospitalization. The Healthy Home program provides short-term, non-medical, non-clinical comfort care once discharged to the home. This program is offered free of charge to our patients; no person or insurance is ever charged for this service.
- The Goal of the Healthy Home program is to assist in providing a SAFE & HEALING Home environment.
- 1 in 3 older adults will fall in their own homes this year and most of these falls will result in injuries which require treatment in the Emergency Room.
- The Healthy Home Volunteers provide a visual home safety check to determine fall risks and offer a home safe modification if needed. The Munroe Auxiliary has proudly teamed up with Habitat for Humanity to reduce falls in the home by installing our patients with grab bars in the shower & bath area, railings for the front steps and constructing a ramp when wheelchair-bound.
- Bath transfer chairs, shower wands, reading glasses , rug grippers, night lights, smoke alarms and flashlights are a few of the items the Volunteers provide which assist in creating a safe and healing home.
- The Munroe Auxiliary, Inc. is a not for profit charitable organization purposed with developing programs and implementing services which assist in improving the health and wellbeing of our community. By raising needed funds through the Hospital Gift Shop and Uniform Store, we have been able to provide the Healthy Home program to our patients… free of charge!
- Closing the gap, by enhancing our community outreach has been extremely rewarding. The program was started in January 2015, and to date, has provided assistance to more than 225 patients.
- Perishable fresh food and a 2-week meal plan are provided the day after they get home from the hospital. Arranging transportation to their follow-up doctor’s appointment and weekly telephone calls to check on their recovery is provided to all patients.
- Reducing hospital readmission, improving the care of our community and reducing the social isolation of our most vulnerable residents has driven the Healthy Home Volunteer Team to serve more people in the next year. Please Help Us, Help Others.
- Volunteers perform well-check telephone calls to follow up on the well-being of the patient.
- Home Health Nurse accompanies volunteers on a one-time home visit.
- Care Link Medical Alert Service is provided for 60 days free of charge.